Meets 5 days total plus orientation and optional review session.
Student Orientation: 9:00 am -10:00am on Sept. 17th
Classes: 9:00 am -1:00 pm on Sept. 22, 29 AND Oct. 13, 20, 27
Review Session: 11:00 am -12:00 pm on Oct 29 (optional)
Member Rate $1325/Non-Member Rate $1495 (Price includes eBook. Print copies will be available for an additional $125)
Refund policy: Cancellations must be received by CAA writing. Cancellations received 5-10 business days prior to the class will incur a non-refundable, non-transferrable $370 ebook fee. Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior will not be entitled to any refund. Substitutions are always welcome.
Take CAM from the comfort of your home or office using a virtual platform! You will be required to participate, ask and answer questions and have activities just like in a face-to-face classroom. There will be assignments to complete outside of the virtual classroom. Everyone will be put in small groups in which you will work with on some of the homework assignments.
- Have a computer with strong internet connectivity and audio/microphone
- Invest in time for homework and off line group calls
- Print text for use during each module
- Be able to use chat and use polling responses
- Plan to take their test within 1 month of the last class
Earn Recognition as an Industry Professional!
Increase your effectiveness by enhancing your knowledge of the multifamily industry. The CAM curriculum is designed to maximize the experience of the on-site professional and clear a path for growth and recognition. Your enrollment will enhance and advance your own career by demonstrating your commitment to education and higher standards of excellence.
Legal Issues/Resident Experience
Human Resource Management
Risk Management/Review and Next Steps
Who should attend:
- Time-challenged managers and assistant managers
- Seasoned managers wanting to quickly enhance their experience with a designation
- New managers and assistant managers looking for advancement
- Job seekers wishing to boost their resumes and experience
CAM Designation Requirements
CAM candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAM designation:
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Successful completion of all CAM coursework (the Live Virtual CAM course listed above will meet this requirement.)
- Meet all examination standards within 6 months of declaring candidacy
Once you complete the CAM course, you will receive an eligibility code to schedule your online exam.
For More Information:
Instructor: Susan E. Weston, CAM, CAPS, NAAEI Senior Faculty
Director, Management Resources, Alpha Barnes Real Estate
President, The Susan Weston Company
Susan has operated The Susan Weston Company since 2010 and consults and trains in the multifamily industry. Her industry career spans over 40 years in executive capacities in Operations, Human Resources and Learning and Development at both publicly traded and private companies.
She is a Certified Apartment Manager, a Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor, a Subject Matter Expert for the National Apartment Association Education Institute credential programs, a member of NAAEI Senior Faculty and a licensed Texas real estate broker. From 2012-2016, Susan taught residential property management programs in the School of Business at the University of North Texas. In April of 2016 she was invited to serve on the National Council for the School of Business at Valparaiso University. In July 2017, she assumed the position of Director of Management Resources at Alpha Barnes Real Estate Services, LLC. In April 2019 she accepted the chairmanship for the Valparaiso University President’s Circle.