Certified Pool-Spa Operator (CPO) 2019 (Sold out)
SOLD OUT. Please email email@example.com to join the waitlist.
Certified Pool/Spa Operator(CPO®) Certification Program
The Illinois Department of Public Health requires pools and spas to meet water quality and safety standards and enforces these through rigorous inspections. The last thing you want is to have your pool shut down during a prime summer event due to a failed inspection. Join us for our 2-day CPO® certification program and learn the information vital for safe swimming pool and spa operations.
Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO®) Training Provides:
- Education on how to reduce risks in and around the water
- Valuable information to prevent recreational water illness, suction entrapment, electrocutions, chemical hazards and slips and falls
- Summarized regulatory guidelines; Illinois Department of Public Health and Federal regulations
- Competency with proper disinfection, water balance, water problems, troubleshooting, chemical testing, record keeping, chemical feed and control technology
- Mathematical and calculation guides for proper chemical dosage, water balance and equipment evaluations.
Our award-winning CPO® instructor, Deborah Todner, will provide training and education that you can incorporate to protect your facility. The course combines her twenty plus years of industry field experience, independent study and the NSPF® hand book to provide a very comprehensive study. Several hundred students have been certified: pool professionals, building engineers, property managers, health officials and maintenance staff.
CPO® courses as taught are recognized by Illinois Department of Public Health and is the world's leading verifiable pool and spa training credential. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers and facilities by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities. The CPO® Certification program is also eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Two-day class – this dynamic setting offers direct interaction with an instructor and fellow students. All 18 chapters will be covered in the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook. A supplemental handout with all math calculations and the Federal and Illinois code review is included.
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Meals: Each morning refreshments will be served, lunch will be provided on the second day