Certified Pool Operator (CPO): Virtual On-Line Fusion Class
Virtual class - 100% Online
This class is full.
Certified Pool Operator Course: Virtual On-Line Fusion Class
(**Please read the requirements section below prior to enrolling.)
The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA) has allowed for instructors to conduct a structured Certified Pool Operator course and examination online class for a limited time with limited students and no additional fees. This new method is due to the restrictions put in place to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus.
How the Virtual On-Line Fusion Class works:
- Computer and/or laptop with camera or attached webcam. Microphone either built in or attached, or a telephone that you dial into the meeting in order to communicate with the class.
- Prior to attending the Live Virtual Fusion Class you must complete the Pool Operator Primer (estimate of 6-8 hours of coursework). Prior to class student must submit, via email to the instructor a copy of the signed Pool Operator Primer (POP) Certification.
- Student must be visible to the instructor.
- Register for the Virtual On-Line Fusion Class, once registered and paid for an assigned Access Code, Pool & Spa Operator Handbook flipbook and hard copy will be provided. The access code is used to register for the Pool Operator Primer (POP) class, it is held on the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance website. The on-line course covers all 18 chapters of the Pool & Spa Operator Handbook, you can log in and out of the class, you do not need to complete all 18 chapters in one sitting. At the end of each lesson you must answer all questions and they must be answered correctly. If you miss an answer you must go back and finish the lesson completely and correctly to go to the next.
- Once completed you must print your Record of Completion. You will sign the Record of Completion and send into the instructor in order to attend the Live Virtual On-Line Fusion Class.
- In the Live Virtual On-Line training, the instructor will cover specific chapters like the Federal and Local Codes, agency standards, math and then review prior to the examination.
- All of this must be completed in order to receive your Voucher Portal Code to take the exam.
Taking the Virtual Class and Exam
- Live Virtual Class will begin at 8:00am until 11:30am, study will include specific chapters, codes and regulations, math review, exam review.
- Break from 11:30 – 12:00pm
- At 12:00pm the student will log back into the Go To Meeting Session
- After logging back onto the Go To Meeting Live Virtual Class they will receive their Voucher Code for the Portal to take the exam
- Student must always be present and seen by instructor during the exam
- The exam results will be verified by the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance
The Illinois Department of Public Health requires pools and spas to meet water quality and safety standards and enforces these through rigorous inspections. Join us for our CPO® certification program and learn the information vital for safe swimming pool and spa operations.
Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO®) Training Provides:
- Pool and Spa Management to reduce risks, prevent recreational water illness, suction entrapment, electrocutions, chemical hazards. Duty of care.
- Regulations & Guidelines: Illinois Department of Public Health, Federal, industry agencies, local ordinance, ADA, NSF, VGB, etc.
- Proper water chemistry, testing, record keeping, troubleshooting, calculations for water adjustments. Understanding chemical feed and control technology.
- Maintenance: routine, preventive, annual, keeping records, managing of repairs, importance of budgeting.